Author Topic: Step-by-step tutorial?  (Read 754 times)

timtechsoftware

  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
Step-by-step tutorial?
« on: January 17, 2014, 12:39:46 AM »
My current goal is to make a newbie-friendly tutorial on installing the client and setting up a server (up to current progress, the minifigure/35% loading screen).

If anyone could give me some pointers or required files that I am missing, that would be great (I haven't been able to figure out how to do it myself).
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

jon002

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 144
    • View Profile
Re: Step-by-step tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:46:37 AM »
Quote from: "timtechsoftware"
My current goal is to make a newbie-friendly tutorial on installing the client and setting up a server (up to current progress, the minifigure/35% loading screen).

If anyone could give me some pointers or required files that I am missing, that would be great (I haven't been able to figure out how to do it myself).

Sure thing!

1) Download the files from https://www.mediafire.com/?2x2h3680a5avwh3
2) Go into each folder and change the config.ini so that the IP Address is yours (you can find it by opening CMD and typing “ipconfig” (without quotes)) and save.
3) Go to C:Program Files (x86)LEGO SoftwareLEGO Universeclient (or wherever the game files are stored) and open “boot.cfg”. Edit AUTHSERVERIP=0:xxx.xxx.x.xx where the “x”s are your IP.
4) Open legouniverse.exe, and login with any user/pass combination.
5) Everything is temporary right now, so there are 4 minifigs already created. Delete one with the same password you used to login (they HAVE to match) and delete.
6) You can now create a minifig!

Answer the Call. Restore the Universe.
-Jon002
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
"Adrift upon the sea of time, the lonely god wanders from shore to distant shore, upholding the laws of the stars above." -Brisingr

pwjones1969

  • Posts: 144
    • View Profile
Re: Step-by-step tutorial?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 02:14:56 AM »
Quote from: "jon002"
3) Go to C:Program Files (x86)LEGO SoftwareLEGO Universeclient (or wherever the game files are stored) and open “boot.cfg”. Edit AUTHSERVERIP=0:xxx.xxx.x.xx where the “x”s are your IP.
If you run the server(s) on the same computer, you can just put localhost for the ip address.  At least that works on my computer.
    AUTHSERVERIP=0:localhost
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

jon002

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 144
    • View Profile
Re: Step-by-step tutorial?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 06:05:37 PM »
Quote from: "pwjones1969"
Quote from: "jon002"
3) Go to C:Program Files (x86)LEGO SoftwareLEGO Universeclient (or wherever the game files are stored) and open “boot.cfg”. Edit AUTHSERVERIP=0:xxx.xxx.x.xx where the “x”s are your IP.
If you run the server(s) on the same computer, you can just put localhost for the ip address.  At least that works on my computer.
    AUTHSERVERIP=0:localhost

Oh! I didn't realise that. Just use localhost. It's much easier to remember.

Answer the Call. Save Imagination.
-Jon002
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
"Adrift upon the sea of time, the lonely god wanders from shore to distant shore, upholding the laws of the stars above." -Brisingr

jon002

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 144
    • View Profile
Re: Step-by-step tutorial?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 06:21:47 PM »
I've got the entire client uploaded now for anyone who wishes to know.

Answer the Call. Restore the Universe.
-Jon002
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »
"Adrift upon the sea of time, the lonely god wanders from shore to distant shore, upholding the laws of the stars above." -Brisingr

timtechsoftware

  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
Re: Step-by-step tutorial?
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 12:12:32 AM »
Quote from: "jon002"
I've got the entire client uploaded now for anyone who wishes to know.

Answer the Call. Restore the Universe.
-Jon002
Great. Thanks for the localhost tip!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

jammesf2109

  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Step-by-step tutorial?
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 08:56:55 PM »
Hey there could you tell me the step by step tutorial on how i can set the game up so i could play it please tim
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

timtechsoftware

  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
Re: Step-by-step tutorial?
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 09:07:26 PM »
Quote from: "jammesf2109"
Hey there could you tell me the step by step tutorial on how i can set the game up so i could play it please tim
Yes, it is here.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 12:00:00 AM by Guest »

Sabinalu

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Step by step tutorial
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 05:07:30 PM »
Please help this ol guy out. Ive heard of George Dubya but not dub step. What is it?

Indecente

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Step by step tutorial
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 04:36:36 PM »
"Hey Derek, you know whats really good for shoulder pain?"